Aisle runners are beautiful. They serve great for the before pictures of your ceremony space. We must note, though, that they have a few rather big downfalls! We have 5 reasons we think the traditional aisle runner should be carefully thought about when planning your upcoming wedding.
1. No matter how many weddings certain guests have been to, they ALWAYS seem to forget that they shouldn’t walk on the runner, and end up tracking the outside onto your beautiful cream aisle runner. If there is no runner, you won’t need to worry about guests messing it up pre-ceremony!
2. Your bridesmaids are nervous enough to walk in heels down an aisle with 150 people watching them-don’t add extra pressure for them! More than likely they wont get to practice with the exact heels they’ll be wearing on the day of, and adding in extra fabric to walk on might cause an Uh-Oh! when waltzing down towards the alter.
3. Your lovely train and veil have never seen met the aisle runner. With all of those gorgeous beads, sequins and rhinestones, you may end up with an OH-MY! on your hands when getting stuck or snagged!
4. I’m 100% positive that your venue is breathtaking, otherwise you wouldn’t have fallen in love with it for your big day! Stick with the feel it conveys as a venue and don’t worry about covering it up with a runner! If you feel it does need just a hint of spice, try lining the aisle with flower petals or vases with floating candles.
5. Last but most certainly not the least-my most important reason! The pictures you have of you walking down the aisle and then back down it as a married woman will be ones that you cherish for the rest of your life! Think about how a light colored runner will blend in to conceal your fabulous wedding gown-or on the flip side- how a bright colored one will take the spotlight in your photos!
We hope these ideas make for a more beautiful and stress free wedding. Remember to be yourself and let that shine in your big day!
Just a few ideas from yours truly at AE! Thanks for stopping by and happy planning!